Thanks indytony for nominating me. This is the first time my blog has been nominated for anything so I am thrilled!
- Place the Beautiful Blogger Award in your post.
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. (done)
- Tell 7 things about yourself. (see below)
- Pass this Beautiful Blogger Award on to 7 more bloggers and let them know. (see further below)
Copying indytony, since my blog is (mainly) about writing, I’ll make the “7 things about myself” relate (mostly) to my writing life, as well.
- My first-ever written fiction was a series of short mystery-solving stories about a bear detective named Tomy. That was early elementary school. Every story was on a different difficulty level. My first customers were my classmates, who claimed they loved the stories—if my memory has not failed me.
- Subjects I was good at—and loved—at school were: English, Bahasa Indonesia, and music. But I was a science major—you know, maths, biology, chemistry, etc. I graduated Master of Science in Finance, because my parents consider neither writing nor music as really “serious” professions. I’m still thankful anyway though.
- I also want to thank—as this is an award, I might as well—my great friend Rakkhita Sutaro for encouraging me to write. Without him, I would have walked this life a zombie. Well, maybe not that extreme, but you get the point.
- OZIP Magazine Melbourne, Australia, published my short story “Serene Piety” as a Christmas special.
- I love Virginia Woolf, Katherine Mansfield, George Orwell, and Haruki Murakami. Of all these, I enjoy Murakami’s writing the most. However, it seems that my writings tend to be “feminine”—actually it was my wife who said it, so make out of it whatever you want. So I suppose there’s some influence from those two extremely gifted female writers.
- My ultimate dream is to be freed from the chains of capitalism and corporatism, which bind us writers and stifle our creativity. Not to make lots of money, just enough to feed my wife and son.
- To this day, I still prefer to write by hand. I can’t go anywhere without my Rhodia webbie and my Lamy fountain pens.
I’m not sure if I can nominate people who have received the award before, but I will do as I like. So, I nominate the following bloggers because they have inspired, entertained, enlightened me, or simply made me envious:
- Cristian Mihai – Everyone should know this one already. Great blog about writing by this self-published novelist.
- Alice Brook – Very talented. Brilliant short stories.
- Rick Mallery – I haven’t read his novels but I like his stories, especially this one.
- gegallas – Beautiful writing and illustrations.
- Marianne – Beautiful poetry. I like this one.
- Annie Cardi – Definitely check her “Friday Fifteen” in which she reviews books in fifteen words or less.
- BOM Cerpen – OK, this one is actually a blog in Indonesian. But as one of its board members I have to include it.
Phew. This was longer than I intended it to be. Thanks for reading.